Governance for Nonprofit and Exempt Organizations
Sponsored by the Idaho Law Foundation, Inc. in partnership with Freestone and WebCredenza, Inc.
March 1, 2024
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (MT)
*Live Audio Streaming Only
1.0 CLE credit
Registration Fee: $55.00
Non-profit and tax exempt organizations of every size are complex organizations. Boards of directors need to recruit and retain talented management, supervise the investment of endowments in often volatile markets, engage profit-making corporations in joint ventures, and ensure the integrity of systems and policies in environment of increased governmental and public scrutiny. Effective governance of these organizations is essential to advancing the non-profit’s mission. When governance fails, the organization itself and its directors are exposed to potential liability. This program will provide you with a practical guide to major governance issues for non-profits, including major management issues.
- Current IRS and attorneys general investigation and enforcement priorities
- Essential provisions of non-profit management agreements
- Best practices for determining executive compensation
- Fiduciary duties, potential liability, and indemnification of nonprofit directors and officers
- Compliance issues, including Form 990